Friday, July 29, 2011

IN THE WORKS!

Lately, I've been preparing to paint a mural in a beautiful historic home. Three generations of the Fishback family have lived in this dreamy house since it was built in 1895. In efforts to restore and rejuvenate the entire home, with the most respect for it's historic elements, my talented friend Angie (seen here) is working with the Fishbacks to polish up every single room. Let me tell you, the place is looking incredible.
Fishback house via here 
One of the rooms still on the checklist is a bathroom with a free standing tub. That's were I come in. Angie introduced me to the Fishbacks as a potential mural artist. They gave me a list of elements they would like in a mural above the tub, and here's a sort of inspiration board of what I heard from them.

After a few sketches and tweaks, we are on our way to a serene and fresh bathroom. Here's the latest sketch.
Picture that above your tub; a momentary escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday. I hope the clients love it, like I do, for it's fresh and tranquil vibe. Keep an eye out for more updates! To add a little charm, we will add foreground trees on either side to act as a boarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment