Sunday, May 1, 2011

SQUARE SERIES: MIDWESTERN ANIMALS

I'm not usually one for Mid-western pride, but in painting a buffalo and a buck, I suppose it would be unfair for me to deny any sort of allegiance to this part of the county. If you ask me, a certain charm is in the clean air and open skyline of the Midwest.
Buck, Acrylic on Canvas, 2' x 2' (Inquire for Pricing and Availability)
I switch the art on my walls quite often, but this painting has made its home above my night stand for some time. I'd love to see it in either a very modern or a very vintage inspired space, but ideally, I'd use the collection of blues, grays and yellows to design a killer little boys room. 
Buffalo, Acrylic on Canvas, 2' x 2' (Inquire for Pricing and Availability) 
This color palette was inspired by a pair of athletic shorts I saw this really good-looking guy wearing.  The sporty vibe translates, I think. Unlike the buck, I can't decide the best possible place for this piece. Where could this painting fit in? Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment